DVD Shrink is free dvd ripping software that most people use to make backups of their favorite Dvd movie. You can see more information about this in our freeware section. The reason we need this program is because a regular dvd movie doesn’t fit on the average 4.7gig size dvd disc. Therefore we use Dvd Shrink to cut the contents down to size as to fit on the disk. This actual software is old but can still do the job, however now I use a paid program (around $29) to rip a DVD movie to save it to my computer.
There is no problem using DVD Shrink
What you will need:
1. A DVD burner
2. A DVD movie to backup
3. DVD Shrink Program.
4. Nero burning program (recommended)
5. A blank DVD. One that is compatible with your home dvd player. If you find one that plays smoothly, stick to it.
how to use dvd shrink
Here’s some basic steps to get you started:
1. Start the Dvd Shrink Program and choose Open Disc from the menu above.
2. A box will appear. Choose which dvd drive your disk is in. Mine is in F: drive. The name of the disk will show up in brackets. In this case it is called NEW.
3. Press Ok. It will read the dvd
dvd movie backup preview
1. A breakdown of the movie will be displayed in the right hand column.
2. You cannot fit all this on your blank dvd so now press Re-author (From the top menu).
3. In the right column there will be a heading called Main movie. There will be a file under this heading. Drag this to the left column. The file size is usually more than 4,700mb and has to be compressed.
How to use dvd shrink
1. Then Choose Backup from the top menu.
Dvd shrink and nero work together - Free computer help
1. If you have Nero Installed Dvd Shrink will read, shrink and burn your movie onto a blank dvd. It will ask you to remove the original dvd disk and insert a blank dvd. If you do not have Nero installed Dvd Shrink will create an image file of the disk for you to burn later.
2. Select a backup target. This is where you want the end result to go. As you can see in the picture above, I have Nero installed, and therefore I can choose the burner as a target. If you do not have Nero choose a file location.
3. Then press ok. The process will start.