How To Change your Homepage.
When you are viewing a page and you want it as your permanent homepage follow these instructions:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Choose Tools from the menu. Then choose internet options.
3. Click on the button use current.
4. Then press apply and then ok.
How to create a link on the desktop to a webpage.
Instead of opening Internet Explorer, going to your favorites, and then clicking on the page you want..you can just have a shortcut to the page on your desktop.
1. Go to your favorites list in internet explorer.
2. Choose which page you want. Don’t click on it just select it. (make it blue)
3. Then click your right button on your mouse. (right click)
4. A menu will appear and then choose create a shortcut. This will put it on your desktop.
Change the text size you are viewing in Internet Explorer
When viewing web pages in your browser the text size may not be suitable for you. This is easily changed.
* Select View on the menu bar found at the top of the browser. From the drop-down menu select Text Size and another menu opens.
* This menu has five options: largest, larger, medium, smaller and smallest. One of them is identified as the current option.
* Select a size that moves the text size in the direction you desire and all body text on the current web page is accordingly adjusted.
Another way is to hold the Alt key and scroll in and out with you mouse scroller.
Save a webpage you are viewing to your favorites list.
1. Go to the menu at the top of Internet Explorer. Choose Favorites.
2. Then choose Add to favorites. That’s it.
While viewing an Internet web page with your Internet Explorer browser press Alt and D together, and the link for the page is added to your favorites list.
If you get a message that says ‘Are you sure you want to remove folder xxxx’, it means your favorites window is active.
Click anywhere on the web page itself and try again. The web page link is stored even if your favorites list is not displayed.
To display your favorites, click the ‘Favorites’ button on the standard toolbar and then on the left side of your browser.